Spring cleaning in a jiffy Spring has sprung and if spring is in the air, don't let a musty house or office spoil it. There is no better time than now to 'dust off' the winter blues and do a little spring cleaning to welcome the new season and a get ready for warmer days and start entertaining to your heart's delight. Here are a few pointers.
- Dust light fixtures and ceiling fans — dry microfiber cleaning cloths work well.
- Dust all horizontal surfaces — the tops of doors, picture frames, cupboards, shelves, sideboards and counters.
- Spotclean any problem areas on the walls where the kids may have scribbled and wash the walls from floor to ceiling.
- Take everything off the bed and wash, including things you might wash less often like comforters and mattress protectors. Sprinkle the bare mattress with Bicarbonate of Soda and leave for at least an hour, then vacuum it all up with the brush attachment.
- Vacuum all upholstered furniture and remove and wash curtains. Take rugs and mats outside and beat with a broom handle. Vacuum/sweep and mop the floor thoroughly under all furniture items including the couches before you put the rugs back down. Spot clean the carpet/rugs if there are stains.
- Give the kitchen a thorough clean, especially the parts you usually skip such drip-pans in your oven, the inside of your microwave and even wash out your dustbin.
- Check expiration dates of everything in your fridge, pantry, and medicine cabinet, and bring the older items closer to the front. Dispose of all expired items.
- Give the bathrooms a deep clean, especially the parts you usually skip, as well as the inside of your bathroom cabinet and your shower.
- Wash windows both inside and out. A mix of water and vinegar with a microfiber cloth work wonders. Scrub out all window and sliding door tracks with soapy water and an old toothbrush. Polish and condition all wood furniture.
Spring cleaning your business
- Dated data Update your social media profiles, CV, website bios and contacts. Develop new networks and revisit existing ones. What new contacts might help your career or foster fresh interests?
- Review how your time is spent. Review work schedules and cut out activities that clutter your day. Establish new priorities and delete distractions.
- Develop new talents, start studying again, take up new hobbies and make community commitments.
- Join the conversation and go online. Follow the blogs of edgy opinionists. What's trending keeps you abreast of current affairs. New opinions and perspectives freshen your thinking and develops marketing strategies.
- Refocus your finances and review debit orders. What do you really need? Get on top of your finances and you will feel on top of so many other things as well.
- Negate the negatives and scrutinise activities and contacts that sour you, waste time or demotivate you. Are you the problem or are they? Do you need to change? If the other party creates friction and frustration, look for ways to minimise the contact or walk away entirely.
- Check expiry dates and start a renewal process. Politely distance yourself from past problems and move on.
Tags: Spring cleaning
- Hits: 59